Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Long Weekend Update/Notre grande fin de semaine

Not much to update from here this week, despite the long weekend that just went by. Cathy's try-outs for the Women's team are still ongoing and I am practicing twice a week with the Men's team. Still no team name, but that should come shortly!

I guess the big news this week was Cathy's Thesis. It's a complicated story, but the bottom line is that she will have to revise the original proposal she put forth. (Through no fault of her own. Long story!) It will still be on the same subject, but will be approached in a different matter and will take (hopefully) less time to gather the information and write up, but still be as impactful and important to her field. She can provide greater detail if you send her an e-mail!!

Riley is still up and down at this point. He has good days, and then we go through a rough patch. We're still trying to figure out the right dosage for his meds, but he's running again when we go to Ultimate and gaining his muscle mass back, so that's good news.

We didn't get up to much this long weekend. In fact, we went out more the 2 days before the long weekend!! On Thursday night, there was a fundraiser for the team we played with last year at the Blarney Stone which went to the wee hours. Friday night, Cathy had a bachelorette party for one of her classmates. Other than that, we spent the weekend in town, watched a beach volleyball tournament on Saturday before enjoying a nice dinner at Las Margaritas close to our place. Sunday Cathy worked pretty much all day, and I ran around playing Ultimate in the morning.

I am really looking forward to my trip to Ottawa next week. Hopefully you'll have exhausted all the rain by the time I get there!!

Pat and Cathy.