Ottawa...Vancouver...Amsterdam!!
Lots of travelling lately for Cathy and I. Cathy left Sunday night for Amsterdam. She was very excited to go and can't wait to get to Greece and enjoy a very well deserved vacation for one week on the beaches! But, as luck would have it, they missed their connecting flights in London to get to Amsterdam, and were looking for couches to crash on as they waited for the next flight. I will keep you all posted as soon as I hear where she's at!!
As for me, I just came back from a very nice trip to Ottawa. Marc and Stephanie's wedding was the catalyst for the trip, but the chance to see family and friends is always a great excuse to head back to O-town! After a 4 hour delay in Toronto due to a lightning storm, I finally made it. I spent the night at my Mom's and had the chance to catch up with her. Thursday morning, I went golfing with the boys (Denis, Marc, Jay and Matt) for Marc's bachelor party. Golfing with the boys is always an interesting day!! Many laughs to be had! Denis and I had dinner at Matt and Kilts' place and then went to watch the basketball game at the pub down the street.

Friday was the big day. But first, I went for a drive with my Mom and we headed to my cottage. Boy, do I miss that place! My Mom has fixed it up and kept it clean and mowed the lawn and all that good stuff. She even bought a new mower so she could mow the lawn a little easier than with the old I had there. Thanks Mom!!! Love you!!
Then it was off to the wedding. The ceremony was at the Pavillion in Rockliffe Park. Everyone cleaned up nice and that's a big deal considering it was a Lambert wedding!! Stephanie was a gorgeous bride and the rain held off just long enough for the ceremony to be done, and for Gerry (Daddy Lambert) to disrupt the walk out of the Pavillion!!

Then it was off to the reception. Denis was the MC for the evening and did a great job despite a certain table that kept disrupting him from eating!! So immature!! He had a great speech as did his Dad. Both set of parents were absolutely beaming with pride and joy!
Then we took over!! It was time to dance the night off! Things kicked off with the first dance for Steph and Marc, then came the garter and bouquet toss. Then came Denis' turn to dance the sock dance. For those of you that aren't familiar with this French-Canadian tradition, when your younger sibling gets married before you do, it is tradition for the eldest to dance in his socks in front of the crowd. It is also customary for the guests to throw money as he dances. I stepped up to the mike and introduced this great tradition to those that were unfamiliar with it at the wedding, and off Denis went in knee-high stripped socks covered with baby blue Tweety socks. The song of choice for this momentous occasion, Dancing Queen by Abba!! And he picked up $212 for the bride and groom. Not too shabby!



Saturday was spent...ummmmm...recovering!!! Since it was raining, my Mom and I didn't get to go up to the cottage to cut the grass and spend the day. That evening, I went over to Jay and Stacey's place and met Handsome Hank!! He's just as hyper as Jay is!! Stacey, you have so much patience for 2 little hyper trouble makers!!

On Sunday, my Mom and I went to the Wilson's cottage. Cathy's parents just had a new cottage built on the family properety, and it looks absolutely amazing!! We spent a couple of hours with her parents and grandmother before heading back home. I took Marc's place for roller hockey, and finally gave the Battlecats their first win of the season that wasn't a default. You're welcome boys, and feel free to fly me down for the playoffs if you want!!


Monday I golfed with my Dad and had the chance to catch up with him. He and Carole will be driving across the country in their motorhome at the beginning of July and spend 7-10 days in Vancouver with Cathy and I. Can't wait!! I then went shopping with my niece Isabelle. I picked her up at school and took her to Place d'Orleans. Cathy and I had bought her a gift certificate to her favorite store for Christmas but didn't have the chance to take her then. So she waited patiently for 6 months, and she wasn't about to let me leave Ottawa without going shopping together!! And I may have bought some more stuff for her while were there as well!! Monday evening we had a great dinner with Denis as well. Then we headed downstairs to play some pool and watch the Oilers!

Tuesday, I had lunch with my ex-IBM co-workers, which was great to see them again. Everyone is doing fine, and in fact, one of the girls is moving to Vancouver!! Woo Hoo!! I had dinner at my aunt's place with my family on my Mom's side. We've even decided what the theme is for Christmas this year. More on that in a later post!! Then it was one last night with the boys before heading to the airport the next day.

Wednesday was my last day, and I went for breakfast with my Mom and walked around the Flea market in her neighbourhood. Before heading out to the airport, I had one last stop to make. I went to see Lindsay and Greg's little bonhome, Charlie. I can't get over how much he looks like his Dad, and how much he's grown since the last time I saw him! (see previous picture in our Blog below to compare) The trip back home was pretty un-eventful as it was a direct flight to Vancouver. I finished the DaVinci Code on my way back. It's a great book for those of you that haven't read it yet.

This past weekend, Cathy and I played in our first tournament with our new teams. Cathy had a great day with her Women's team, BlueBombers, going 3-1 on Saturday, and my Men's team, BlackFish, went 4-0. Tough day since all 4 games were played back to back to back to back!! On Sunday, Cathy's team won their 1st game but then lost in the quarters. Not too bad for a first tournament!! Congrats!!
Since we had gone 4-0 the previous day, we had a bye to the quarters, which we won. We played the finals against the Junior team that will represent Canada next month at the World Juniors Championship in Boston and won that game 15-12. Not too bad either for a first tournament!! Makes the 2 months of training and practicing worth it!!

But boy did I feel it on Monday!!! This upcoming weekend, we have a tournament in Eugene, OR, that will be just as tough. I'll keep you all posted on how it went, and hopefully give you some news of how Cathy is doing! Thanks for reading!!
As for me, I just came back from a very nice trip to Ottawa. Marc and Stephanie's wedding was the catalyst for the trip, but the chance to see family and friends is always a great excuse to head back to O-town! After a 4 hour delay in Toronto due to a lightning storm, I finally made it. I spent the night at my Mom's and had the chance to catch up with her. Thursday morning, I went golfing with the boys (Denis, Marc, Jay and Matt) for Marc's bachelor party. Golfing with the boys is always an interesting day!! Many laughs to be had! Denis and I had dinner at Matt and Kilts' place and then went to watch the basketball game at the pub down the street.

Friday was the big day. But first, I went for a drive with my Mom and we headed to my cottage. Boy, do I miss that place! My Mom has fixed it up and kept it clean and mowed the lawn and all that good stuff. She even bought a new mower so she could mow the lawn a little easier than with the old I had there. Thanks Mom!!! Love you!!
Then it was off to the wedding. The ceremony was at the Pavillion in Rockliffe Park. Everyone cleaned up nice and that's a big deal considering it was a Lambert wedding!! Stephanie was a gorgeous bride and the rain held off just long enough for the ceremony to be done, and for Gerry (Daddy Lambert) to disrupt the walk out of the Pavillion!!

Then it was off to the reception. Denis was the MC for the evening and did a great job despite a certain table that kept disrupting him from eating!! So immature!! He had a great speech as did his Dad. Both set of parents were absolutely beaming with pride and joy!
Then we took over!! It was time to dance the night off! Things kicked off with the first dance for Steph and Marc, then came the garter and bouquet toss. Then came Denis' turn to dance the sock dance. For those of you that aren't familiar with this French-Canadian tradition, when your younger sibling gets married before you do, it is tradition for the eldest to dance in his socks in front of the crowd. It is also customary for the guests to throw money as he dances. I stepped up to the mike and introduced this great tradition to those that were unfamiliar with it at the wedding, and off Denis went in knee-high stripped socks covered with baby blue Tweety socks. The song of choice for this momentous occasion, Dancing Queen by Abba!! And he picked up $212 for the bride and groom. Not too shabby!



Saturday was spent...ummmmm...recovering!!! Since it was raining, my Mom and I didn't get to go up to the cottage to cut the grass and spend the day. That evening, I went over to Jay and Stacey's place and met Handsome Hank!! He's just as hyper as Jay is!! Stacey, you have so much patience for 2 little hyper trouble makers!!

On Sunday, my Mom and I went to the Wilson's cottage. Cathy's parents just had a new cottage built on the family properety, and it looks absolutely amazing!! We spent a couple of hours with her parents and grandmother before heading back home. I took Marc's place for roller hockey, and finally gave the Battlecats their first win of the season that wasn't a default. You're welcome boys, and feel free to fly me down for the playoffs if you want!!


Monday I golfed with my Dad and had the chance to catch up with him. He and Carole will be driving across the country in their motorhome at the beginning of July and spend 7-10 days in Vancouver with Cathy and I. Can't wait!! I then went shopping with my niece Isabelle. I picked her up at school and took her to Place d'Orleans. Cathy and I had bought her a gift certificate to her favorite store for Christmas but didn't have the chance to take her then. So she waited patiently for 6 months, and she wasn't about to let me leave Ottawa without going shopping together!! And I may have bought some more stuff for her while were there as well!! Monday evening we had a great dinner with Denis as well. Then we headed downstairs to play some pool and watch the Oilers!

Tuesday, I had lunch with my ex-IBM co-workers, which was great to see them again. Everyone is doing fine, and in fact, one of the girls is moving to Vancouver!! Woo Hoo!! I had dinner at my aunt's place with my family on my Mom's side. We've even decided what the theme is for Christmas this year. More on that in a later post!! Then it was one last night with the boys before heading to the airport the next day.

Wednesday was my last day, and I went for breakfast with my Mom and walked around the Flea market in her neighbourhood. Before heading out to the airport, I had one last stop to make. I went to see Lindsay and Greg's little bonhome, Charlie. I can't get over how much he looks like his Dad, and how much he's grown since the last time I saw him! (see previous picture in our Blog below to compare) The trip back home was pretty un-eventful as it was a direct flight to Vancouver. I finished the DaVinci Code on my way back. It's a great book for those of you that haven't read it yet.

This past weekend, Cathy and I played in our first tournament with our new teams. Cathy had a great day with her Women's team, BlueBombers, going 3-1 on Saturday, and my Men's team, BlackFish, went 4-0. Tough day since all 4 games were played back to back to back to back!! On Sunday, Cathy's team won their 1st game but then lost in the quarters. Not too bad for a first tournament!! Congrats!!
Since we had gone 4-0 the previous day, we had a bye to the quarters, which we won. We played the finals against the Junior team that will represent Canada next month at the World Juniors Championship in Boston and won that game 15-12. Not too bad either for a first tournament!! Makes the 2 months of training and practicing worth it!!

But boy did I feel it on Monday!!! This upcoming weekend, we have a tournament in Eugene, OR, that will be just as tough. I'll keep you all posted on how it went, and hopefully give you some news of how Cathy is doing! Thanks for reading!!
.jpg)

<< Home