Friday, June 23, 2006

The Update You've All Been Waiting For...

Drum roll please!!

Here's the update you've all been eagerly anticipating since my last post....so here goes....My tournament went really well last weekend.

Fool you! I know you all want to know how Cathy is doing. But I will update all 52 (Denis will get this joke) of you that are interested in hearing how my tournament went.

Well, she made it to Amsterdam after all. They had missed their original connection and had to wait for the next flight from London to Amsterdam. Once there, Cathy said that her posters garnered allot of attention and she spent some time answering many questions and giving out information, which is great. She has also gotten some volunteer professionals for her thesis work, which is key at this point. Let's hope it pans out for her.

She apparently has a million stories from the conference itself, and I am sure she will the ones she can (:)) when she gets back. They went for dinners, stayed out late and enjoyed their time. She keeps on establishing contacts in her filed which will no doubt help her out down the line.

Then it was off to Greece after the conference. The first Island they went to was Ios. From what I hear, there was allot of lounging on the beach, a few drinks and a few late nights as well!! This was their relaxing and winding down time. The next Island was Santorini. They had made plans to do a bit more sightseeing there, including a volcano tour and some snorkelling. Cathy did mention she's been taking some pictures, so hopefully we'll have a few we can post here at the same time.

I believe they were trying to get to a third Island before heading home on Monday, but that update will have to happen once Cathy is back!

My tournament went well. We ended up losing in the semis and posting a 4-2 record for the weekend. Not too bad, a 10-2 record in our first 12 games of the year. It was great to have a road trip with the boys. It's been years since the last one playing hockey. It's a totally different vibe!

Heidi and Derek looked after Riley for the weekend while I was gone and everything went well. They even took him to the beach, and he was quite happy to see me when I got home!

That's pretty much it for now. Our next posting will be of Cathy's trip, so stay tuned!!