September Update/Notre mois de septembre
After a busy August, it was nice to spend the September long weekend together. We spent an afternoon in Stanley Park biking, playing badminton (destroying rackets), reading, caught Little Miss Sunshine at the movie theatre (which we both definitely recommend to everyone), went for a long walk along the beach, Cathy did some work, just a really nice weekend together.
September also brought 3 Ultimate tournaments to the table, 2 of which Cathy and I had been training for since early May. Both our teams, BlackFish and BlueBombers, participated in the UPA Series, which is the North American championship series for Ultimate. In the first tournament, sectionals, both our teams made it through to the next series, but not exactly with stellar records.
For the sectionals tournament, both our teams played up to our potential finally. In BlackFish's case, we finally came together as a team and played some of our best ultimate all season. For Cathy, they played their final game on Sunday with no subs and crushed an Edmonton team which was great to watch. Now the off-season training for next summer starts in the new year! Which is coming way too fast. Check the BlackFish video link on the sidebar and see if you can spot me!
In between these 2 UPA tournaments, I played a fun tournament in Vernon with friends. We had a great time and made sure to make it a memorable weekend for Adam as it was his birthday. Chalk up another person who can't wait for my birthday to come around!!
Some good news to pass along that we learned in September...Jay and Stacey are engaged! Yes, of the boys, Jay will be the first to get married. None of us predicted that when we were in High School!! Congrats to you both! Some added good news, I was able to bribe my way onto the wedding party! Jay and Stacey have set May 26th as their special day.
Lindsay and Greg will be welcoming a new addition to their family. They are expecting a second child in March. And being the good friend that I am, I would allow them to use Gats for their baby's name. I know it's big of me, but that's just how I roll.
Happy Birthday to Heather who celebrated on the 28th. Enjoy your spa day!
That was pretty much the extent of our September!
September also brought 3 Ultimate tournaments to the table, 2 of which Cathy and I had been training for since early May. Both our teams, BlackFish and BlueBombers, participated in the UPA Series, which is the North American championship series for Ultimate. In the first tournament, sectionals, both our teams made it through to the next series, but not exactly with stellar records.
For the sectionals tournament, both our teams played up to our potential finally. In BlackFish's case, we finally came together as a team and played some of our best ultimate all season. For Cathy, they played their final game on Sunday with no subs and crushed an Edmonton team which was great to watch. Now the off-season training for next summer starts in the new year! Which is coming way too fast. Check the BlackFish video link on the sidebar and see if you can spot me!
In between these 2 UPA tournaments, I played a fun tournament in Vernon with friends. We had a great time and made sure to make it a memorable weekend for Adam as it was his birthday. Chalk up another person who can't wait for my birthday to come around!!
Some good news to pass along that we learned in September...Jay and Stacey are engaged! Yes, of the boys, Jay will be the first to get married. None of us predicted that when we were in High School!! Congrats to you both! Some added good news, I was able to bribe my way onto the wedding party! Jay and Stacey have set May 26th as their special day.
Lindsay and Greg will be welcoming a new addition to their family. They are expecting a second child in March. And being the good friend that I am, I would allow them to use Gats for their baby's name. I know it's big of me, but that's just how I roll.
Happy Birthday to Heather who celebrated on the 28th. Enjoy your spa day!
That was pretty much the extent of our September!
.jpg)

<< Home