October Update/Notre mois d'octobre
October started with Cathy reminiscing about her soccer career. Some of her former teammates from her Carleton and Ottawa soccer days were representing Ontario for Nationals. We caught a few games and went out for a few drinks with some of her girls. I think the soccer bug bit pretty hard, but it bit even harder when she went to Ottawa for a couple of days.
Cathy spent some time in Ottawa to see her family and finally go to her new cottage. As with everyone else who's seen it (Cathy was the last one to see it) she really loved it and wished she could have spent her summer there!!
Cathy's trip also included a celebration. It was Carleton University's Women's soccer alumni weekend celebration for their 20th anniversary. She was also honored by being named to their alumni all-star team. Congrats Q! Very proud of you!

Upon her return back home, I had organized a team to play in a dodgeball tournament. I wanted to try something different, so we gathered some friends and entered in a dodgeball tournament. We had such a good time!! Forgot how fun that game was! We came in 6th out of about 12 teams, so not too shabby for a first time. Now everyone is harassing me for the next tournament!

October also brought Thanksgiving. Mmmmm...turkey!! RCMPat and Sonia kindly invited us over to their new home for dinner. They bought a beautiful home in Abbottsford. But what makes it so nice are the portraits that hang in every room. Landry, you have impeccable taste!! Sonia made a great turkey with all the fixings. We supplied a delicious desert that Cathy made with my supervision. It was great night, and we can't wait for Sonia to be here permanently!
While Cathy was in Ottawa for a couple of days, I took advantage of a free Friday night to hit the ice for the first time in about a year and a half. It was great to get back out on skates again. I was a little rusty, but I tell you, my aim was still as deadly as it was back in the day. Aim for the top corner, score five hole!!
The end of the month brought my last Ultimate tournament for the year. I played in a tournament in Victoria called Pumpkin Pull. It was a fun tournament where we had to dress up. Our theme was Prom Virgins.

Here's what I looked like.

We had a great time. Not only playing Ultimate, but also because it was Cam and Kieran's 30th birthday. We (OK, mostly me) decided to pick on the twins and make it a memorable birthday weekend for them. The outcome? A few headaches and 2 more people coming after me for my 30th!! But it was so worth it!!
Happy birthday to Lindy who celebrated on the 24th! I owe you a Ceasar with extra celery from the community garden!
And that was our October!
Cathy spent some time in Ottawa to see her family and finally go to her new cottage. As with everyone else who's seen it (Cathy was the last one to see it) she really loved it and wished she could have spent her summer there!!
Cathy's trip also included a celebration. It was Carleton University's Women's soccer alumni weekend celebration for their 20th anniversary. She was also honored by being named to their alumni all-star team. Congrats Q! Very proud of you!

Upon her return back home, I had organized a team to play in a dodgeball tournament. I wanted to try something different, so we gathered some friends and entered in a dodgeball tournament. We had such a good time!! Forgot how fun that game was! We came in 6th out of about 12 teams, so not too shabby for a first time. Now everyone is harassing me for the next tournament!

October also brought Thanksgiving. Mmmmm...turkey!! RCMPat and Sonia kindly invited us over to their new home for dinner. They bought a beautiful home in Abbottsford. But what makes it so nice are the portraits that hang in every room. Landry, you have impeccable taste!! Sonia made a great turkey with all the fixings. We supplied a delicious desert that Cathy made with my supervision. It was great night, and we can't wait for Sonia to be here permanently!
While Cathy was in Ottawa for a couple of days, I took advantage of a free Friday night to hit the ice for the first time in about a year and a half. It was great to get back out on skates again. I was a little rusty, but I tell you, my aim was still as deadly as it was back in the day. Aim for the top corner, score five hole!!
The end of the month brought my last Ultimate tournament for the year. I played in a tournament in Victoria called Pumpkin Pull. It was a fun tournament where we had to dress up. Our theme was Prom Virgins.

Here's what I looked like.

We had a great time. Not only playing Ultimate, but also because it was Cam and Kieran's 30th birthday. We (OK, mostly me) decided to pick on the twins and make it a memorable birthday weekend for them. The outcome? A few headaches and 2 more people coming after me for my 30th!! But it was so worth it!!
Happy birthday to Lindy who celebrated on the 24th! I owe you a Ceasar with extra celery from the community garden!
And that was our October!
.jpg)

<< Home